Wednesday 27 February 2013

Some streams of consciousness are better red and blue

A nonsense title for a nonsense day. It is a Wednesday and despite all the odds I have done work today. This was an unusual occurrence, and one I'm compensating for now, but work was done. I will even do work on returning to the awesome Flat of Ice, making calculations for outdated thesis papers and spaghetti sauce.

My flat is cold, so cold that sometimes I am convinced it is warmer outside than in. The heating seems to have little effect and sometimes even seems to have the opposite effect. Could it be a haunting of some kind? Is there an eccentric ghost in my flat, having a bored and lonely monologue about paint and the price of horse-burgers these days?

What would ghosts think about anyway? Would it be like 'Dirk Gently' where the main thing is getting the one thing done they couldn't complete before death, or would it be a morbid fascination with little details of existence as eternal lingering carries on. Do you think there's a ghost in my kitchen wondering at the broken plug chain in the sink and wishing it were fixed, as I do? Maybe being trapped somewhere means you become ever more imaginative in the interior design of that place? "Gosh, I wish they'd do some stripey wallpaper just for a change."

Ghosts aside, really far aside as I don't at present give much credence to their existence, it seems that the horse-burger scandal is finally settling down, the Papal Resignation has gone away, and now we need to look for some real news. Where could we possibly find real news in this day and age? It's hard and I won't even try. What I shall do is go and watch 'Lincoln' and report back on the morrow. My Spielberg expectations are now so low after decades of mediocrity that I might even like it. For the record, in Spielberg films, I like 'Jaws', 'Duel', 'Temple of Doom' and pretty much nothing else I've seen. Sack Aberystwyth now, Spielbergers!

O.

P.S. Film Bin followers, the commentary for the 'A-Team' pilot is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment