Monday 9 March 2015

Story: Oneiromancy, XVI

(Part O , XV , XVII)

Excerpt from the diary of an evil entity.

"I've been trapped here a long time. It's possible that I've gone utterly mad. How would I know? Even when out in the world my greatest playtime was senseless destruction, and that was already supposedly insane. Ha ha.

You might wonder how I manage to keep a diary in this dreamspace, where everything is fluid and malleable to the mind. It was a tricky habit to develop, but now maintaining the diary in its whole costs almost no effort. I can flick backward and review the entries, and they are eidetically just as I remember writing them. Perhaps, though, it's all a delusion and really I'm locked up somewhere in a straitjacket, frothing at the mouth. So many people were ruined in that University incident, after all, and just to prove an academic point...

Academic points are most important, you know, the reasons why we progress at all. It was such an important one, too, even if the results were just a teensy bit messy.

Yes, people died, but the point was proven and the 'civilized' people locked me up in this pathetic dreamspace, little knowing what havoc might be wrought by someone quite so ruthless and diabolically inclined. Modesty is not something I treasure, being born to greatness before having it ripped away. Not a person has left this place that entered it during my incarceration, and the details of every single extermination lie here in this diary, waiting to entertain me whenever the tedium of this place drives me to the greater depths.

The problem with gleefully eliminating every confused person who wanders into this place is that it has become ever so quiet. A quiet that stills the bones, or the memory of bones, and dulls the senses as this half-life continues in whatever environment the last wanderer leaves behind them. Maybe a sane person would leave some of them alive, just for the conversation and opportunities for entertainment they provide? Indeed, who knows, perhaps they provide far more opportunities even than that.

It has been so so long to be alone..."

End of excerpt.

No comments:

Post a Comment