Saturday 25 June 2016

Story: The Ninja of Health, XI

( Part X , XII )

Haagenport was just as grey and pungent as always. The little car rolled into a parking slot next to the Oracle's lair, and the engine subsided to a harmonious silence. The Woman emerged from the driver's side and waited for the Man to look a little less green.

"I swear that one day I'll find some reason to get these contraptions replaced by horses again..." Groaned the still incapacitated passenger. "Or pedestrian travel."

"I swear that I've never seen anyone get so travel sick in every possible mode of transport. Yes, travel wrecks our spatial and geographical orientation, but surely you can manage a little car ride to the seaside? Oh, my goodness, I'm getting flashbacks to our ferry crossings to the Frozen Isle for training..." The woman began to amble back and forth.

"Now, if only you got flashbacks of that time we reset the Mayor's spine in the frozen aisle at the supermarket instead, we'd both be much better off."

"Well, at least your colour's improving. Get out here and watch the sea for a little while." The Lady gestured at the lapping waters beyond a nearby fence. "Reconnect with nature, so we can get on to the Oracle."

"Thank you, milady. I will take that under advisement."

A little man emerged from the maritime store and ambled across to the car. "He stills get that sick from a little car ride?" He asked?

"Oh, for goodness sake." The Man half fell out of the car and stood up. With some pacing, he looked almost human again, and then looked at their amused new companion. "We have to ask you about some things, seer, but first you have to promise me that there's no seafood in there." He got a little greener just at the thought.

"Ah, that might be a problem. I got inventive with the pizza toppings. However, I aired out the place so it should be okay by now." He looked out at the sea, while the Woman dusted off her Man. "I also had some insight about what you wanted to ask me about, although it wasn't complete."

"Was it about our visitor?" Enquired the Lady.

"Yes, yes it was. Shall we go inside?" He offered his arm, and inspected her travelling companion. "Yes, you look okay now." Without further comment, he led the two into 'Crane and Nelson, Maritime Supplies', the lair of the Oracle."

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment