Tuesday 5 March 2013

Ah, 'tis surely to the good

Fly to the skies in shock, and leave your banana skins behind, as it is Tuesday! Tuesday, the jester of the week, is with us once again and even now is mixing together a cunning bag of tricks to trick us and mystify us unto the realms of total confusion. Tuesday! Tuesday!

As the revolving bar stool of fate spins us into the week once again it seems proper to commemorate the event with a poem. Ahem.

---

I used to like Tuesday as a day of the week           
But its liking for jokes one day caused me pique.       
So I renounced that second day and its ways           
And embraced the dullness of all other days.          

Now, the pain of that Tuesday that provoked me           
Was no match for time and duly met its ennui.           
I began to miss those old jollies and japes           
And reviewed in my mind those shadowy tapes.           

I chose to repent and now redeem myself true           
To begin to rebuild what once inside me grew           
To find the jokes and funnies that made life worthwhile      
And rework myself into someone who could smile.           

The next week on that day I awoke and did beam           
And felt as if joy shone out like light from a seam.       
It was back, that energy, that innermost grace           
And was suddenly hit by a pie in the face.           

---

Yes, Tuesday takes no prisoners, so beware when it next rolls around. Ask not on whom the Tuesday falls, for it may be you!

O.

No comments:

Post a Comment