Friday 13 July 2012

Show the banana, show the banana...

"Huzzah!" cried the Fool, "Two applications done!"

Writing this blog has been a struggle over the last week, as I squeeze out job applications and references. Even being generally sane has taken a lot of energy. Now, at least two applications are done and there are suggestions for a third!

"Don't push that button, it's the hyperdimensional jacuzzi operator!"

As I write this, there's a very good episode of 'The Flash' on television in the background and I'm really starting to regret that that show was cancelled after only one season. Apparently it was a classic case of being messed by the network but who can really know? It's actually a really cool program with some subtle writing and effects which are limited but effective. Who would have thought that low speed camera techniques could be applied so effectively? Right now, I'm watching the episode 'Twin Streaks' and it's so much better than any cloned superhero plot I've seen elsewhere. True, that elsewhere consists entirely of 'Lois and Clark' but this is way better than that one! Should I stop extolling praise now? Okay, I'll finish by pointing out that a second season could have been awesome with such intelligent writing.

Looking forward to the weekend, there can be little doubt that - oh my gosh the clone caught a bullet and threw it back lethally! - it will be composed mostly of corrections and visiting my sister and Llanelli. Soon corrections will be done, soon... and afterward there will be some trips. Trips to Aberystwyth, to Nottingham and other places from new job money.

"I can't find the stizzle swick, where's the stizzle swick?"

Maybe some of these entries could be classic television reviews? Don't I have enough writing to do already? Hmm, maybe cycling or swimming would be a better way to fill the far too abundant spare time. That and wondering what else to do. More creative pursuits might be in order. It would be nice to have some kind of comrade in arms to share in some of these things but that ship has sailed.

"That's all folks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment