Monday 21 January 2013

Never trust a stocky Texan in a near future gladiatorial robot movie

With great trepidation and courage I have settled down to watch 'Robot Jox' and am being surprised by it beating my admittably rock bottom expectations. Of course it is incredibly easy to surpass expectations that only barely manage to register on an electron microscope.

This week is a busy one as I managed to successfully navigate my way through an interview last week and am now faced with the incredible opportunity of... working. That's right, it is time to return to the stone face of mathematics! A prerequisite of doing that is finding accommodation, and I do so hate moving house. It's ironic for an academic to be intolerant of travel, but here I am and it is surely true. Still, at least I'm moving to Aberystwyth, a wonderful place by the sea, with rocks and squalls and swimming pools and space for cycling. There shall be much cycling.

In other news, Barack Obama was sworn in for his second term as President of the United States today. Well done, Mr President, you may not be perfect but I rate you over the opposition. I have a hunch Obama II will be a far different thing to Obama I, with a few more things attempted. We shall see.

Oh no, 'Robot Jox' has degenerated into two men in silly suits clubbing each other. Silly. I think we'll have fun talking about this one, if only because Gary Graham was rather dopey. "We can live!" Oh just kill him already. Good grief, has the bad guy relented? Yes? Yes? He has! Chalk up ultimate redemption for 'Robot Jox'! That was an unexpected little movie, but please don't watch it, you people out there, it's not that good!

With that I leave you now, dear imaginary readers. I fully believe you are all robots really, but nonetheless you deserve content. I shall continue to foist these silly offerings on you all as punishment for your devotion.

<retrieves keyboard from the blasted Clomp>

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment